Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010





Here are a couple of pics of me (yes, I figured it out!) and my kiddos on Mother's Day weekend, 2010.

Overall, it was a lovely day that began with breakfast in bed. I LOVE breakfast in bed, mainly because I love breakfast and I love sleeping in (or at least, I kind of remember sleeping in). I love it even more when it is served by smiling little ones wearing pajamas. My cinnamon toast, tea, and banana were so delicious, I didn't even mind that it was very early (7 a.m.), and that everyone sat and stared at me while I ate. A little unnerving, but still very cute.

I then went downstairs to find some homemade goodies, like this bouquet and card Calvin made for me (see above), and a few other treats. Then I went back to bed (hooray!). Then later we went to Krispy Kreme so everyone else could eat, and I could have breakfast #2.

Later in the day I convinced everyone to go outside for a walk, even though it was freakishly cold for May. Lunch followed at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants--an oldie but a goodie. Then we visited Noah's 96-year-old grandma, who is very loving and a little forgetful (so also an oldie but a goodie, I guess you'd say:). She kept offering Calvin candy even though he'd already had more than enough. I don't think she'd remembered he'd eaten any and I didn't have the heart to remind her. So that kid was on a sugar rush by the time we left.

Back home, we BBQ'd out on Noah's new grill (an early Father's day present) and went to bed early. Lots of food and family time. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment