Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Baseball Game of the Year

Noah is very excited to be going to the Nationals game tonight to see this new guy, Stephen Strasburg, some "pitching phenom," as they are calling him. It is also beautiful outside, cool and no humidity--a perfect night for baseball.

In honor of his special outing, I'm posting some photos our trip to the game on Sunday--our first game of the season. Unfortunately, our weather wasn't so great. Extreme humidity followed by a downpour. I think we actually sat in our seats for a total of 20 minutes and then had to run for cover. But we still had fun!

The boys:



The girls:



(I have a confession here. I once told Noah long ago, before we had kids, that if we ever had a daughter, he had to promise not to by her any pink sports paraphernalia. I didn't mind if he decked her out in Redskins stuff--I think this was before the Nats were around--I told him it just had to be in the usual burgundy and gold. OK, but I totally caved when I saw this cute pink Nats hat for V. I mean, come on, it has little watermelon slices on it. How could I resist? And the woman outside the ballpark gave us this really great deal, as you know they always do:)



Calvin sporting his new batting cap. They passed these out to all the kiddos upon entering. Lucky guy:


Calvin and a friend. No, not the real Ryan Zimmerman. But they are both serious baseball fans, nonetheless. Obviously:


No comments:

Post a Comment