Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 7th of July!

Yes, we are a little late, per usual. But Grammy is in town to help with the kids, so I am determined to catch up on the blog this week. Stay tuned for more....

In the meantime, here are a couple of shots from our July 4th weekend. I am in a remote location (ooh, mysterious!), so these are the best I could do, some pictures from this cool new app on my iPhone. I like the look of these, like a throwback to my childhood when we took pictures on film and just had to live with whatever turned out, weeks or months after you took the pictures. But I also like the fact that the design of these blurs the flaws or makes them look intentional, like I was going for this particular effect. Or maybe I was.

Regardless, here is Calvin waiting for the fireworks from the view of our Arlington hotel room, and getting a little patriotic while he does so:




The hotel room was a last-minute plan of Noah's, and a very good one. Earlier in the day, we went to a long, hot (but fun) parade in the Palisades and a cookout with friends. We wanted to see the fireworks, but didn't want to schlep all the way downtown, especially since it would be hot and late, two things Violet really doesn't like. So we got to watch from our air-conditioned room, after we had a dip in the pool and room service! I never felt so pampered on the Fourth of July.

More to come soon....

1 comment:

  1. Now I know you can never reveal your mysterious remote location, but can you reveal the name of the cool photo app?

    ReplyDelete