Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Wrap-Up, Part 2

After a week of lazing around the house with my loved ones, I am a little bummed that the "real world" starts up again tomorrow. So I will use this time to distract myself and relive all the good Christmas times. Please bear with me...

Christmas Eve dinner:

DSC_0380

DSC_0401

I had a few extra minutes because Mom was here to help with the cooking, so I dug through our fancy tableware (why do we never use this stuff?) and pulled out my little jingle bell napkin rings that I actually forgot I had. Calvin was excited to see them and said he would shake his and ring it to signal "whenever I want something." I suggested maybe he should just ring it to signal "Merry Christmas."

DSC_0389

Oh, and we even got out the decorative, totally impractical mugs. And why not just use them for milk?

DSC_0409

Noah, basking in the Christmas spirit (and the wine!):

DSC_0415

Our first Christmas miracle (as we are calling it around here) of the morn was that our kids slept in until after 8!! The second was that we managed to get them to pose for a photo for all of three minutes by the tree.

And I know no family has an easy time getting a good posed shot of the kids. But our efforts are always complicated by Violet's erratic hand movements. And this time, Calvin insisted on including two of the little light-up keychains he got in his stocking. So these are as close to good as we got, but I think they really capture the craziness of Christmas morning. At least you can still see their matching jammies. Or can you?

DSC_0453

DSC_0442

DSC_0461

At least Grammy cooperated. Here she is posing before she rips open a package:

DSC_0508

Violet got new shoes:

DSC_0536

And so did Calvin:

DSC_0528

Here's Calvin in his new sleeping bag. That kid could not stop smiling all morning, but whenever I would ask him to pose for a photo, he looked like this:

DSC_0502

Violet takes a much-needed break from the unwrapping craze to watch Handy Manny on her new iPad, a Hanukkah gift from Grandmama and Grandpa!

DSC_0549

DSC_0552

And Calvin helps me unwrap what might be my favorite gift from the holiday season: a little punching bag and boxing gloves. And on the bag, Noah helped Calvin write, in his perfect first-grade print: "RETT SYNDROME." Yeah, I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of that bag this year!

DSC_0512

Other highlights of the holiday week...

Crafts from the kids! I love pulling these things out of their backpacks, even if I can usually recognize parts of them that were previously in someone's trash or recycling. Once I see my kid's name on there, I'm a goner.

Violet made this (I think it's a candle):

DSC_0299

And Calvin made this (although not from recycled trash, thank goodness):

DSC_0314

Lego construction lasted several days:

DSC_0566

Violet supervised:

DSC_0600

Learning to "use the force" with cousins Nico and Saskia and one of the kids' new Star Wars toys:

DSC_0569

DSC_0572


Happy Holidays from our house to yours! May the force be with you in 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment